2020 Manheim Tennis Club Meeting
The 117th organizational meeting of the Manheim Tennis Club was called to order by our club president, Jerry Stehman, at 1:00 pm on Sunday, March 1, 2020, in the Fellowship Hall of the Trinity E.C. Church of Manheim. The following members were present: Denny Keller, Jerry Stehman, Rich Brown, Bill Loercher, Les Foltz, El Faller, Dick Fleming, Randy Grove, Jay Witmer, Stan Smith, George Kurien, Dennis Maust, Punnipe Hossain, Zak Hossain, Doug Rohrer, Joe Donell, Randy Zangari, Don Royer, Carl Just, John Blanck, John Faus, Pam Kaylor, Jeff Graby, Dorothy Love, Vickie Miller
Jerry Stehman made note that over the winter months several members had loved ones that passed away, Steve Berkley (Mother), Dennis Keller (Mother), Ken Eshleman (Father), Mike Hermann (Son) and Jim Ressler (Father-in-law) Jerry and those present sent their condolences.
The treasurer's report was distributed before the meeting. Bill Loercher made a motion to accept the report; seconded by John Blanck.
The club champions for 2019 were recognized in our Historian's Report which was also distributed to all members before the meeting.
Congrats to Pam Kaylor for an excellent banquet and to John Blanck for all his work on the Historian Report.
Bill Loercher made the motion to keep the Soda Machine Maintenance salary the same, seconded by Jerry Stehman and approved by members present.
Don Royer made the motion to retain Jerry Stehman as president, Steve Berkley as Vice President and Denny Keller as the secretary/treasurer and grounds keeper. Seconded by Bill Loercher and approved by members present.
Under new business a number of changes will be taking place.
1. Regular dues will remain the same: $250. New members may join and pay only $200 the first year. Husband and wife memberships $400, monthly $75, junior memberships remain at $30.
2. New member rates will apply to ex-members that have been missing for 10+ years
3. Club Singles will be the 1st Saturday in September, Club Doubles the 2nd Saturday in September and the Club Mixed the 3rd Saturday in September.
4. Mixed Doubles, allow 1 partner to be a non-member.
5. Discussion on repairing the damaged awning on putting up a new permanent awning/roof. Will access damage in spring and make a decision.
Jerry Stehman made the following appointments:
1. Banquet Committee - Pam Kaylor
2. Wednesday Doubles League - Denny Keller & Steve Berkley
(those interested in playing should contact Denny Keller or Steve Berkley before May 3rd)
3. Thursday evening Doubles League - Dorothy Love
4. Central Penn Doubles League - Steve Berkley
5. Club Singles & Doubles Tournament - Denny Keller
6. Club Golf Tournament - Bill Loercher (need at least 4 players to have it)
7. Club Pickle Ball Tournament - Don Musser
8. Club Poker Tournament - Richie Brown. (need 4-6 players to have it)
Some important dates to remember:
1. April 4 - Club clean-up day. 11:00 am. (Rain make-up day: April 11)
2. May 1 - 10:00 am captains/pickers meeting at clubhouse.
3. September 5 - Club Singles Tournament
4. September 12 - Club Doubles Tournament
5. September 19 - Club Mixed
Meeting was adjourned by our club president, Jerry Stehman