2019 Manheim Tennis Club Meeting
The 116th organizational meeting of the Manheim Tennis Club was called to order by our club president, Jerry Stehman, at 1:00 pm on Sunday, March 3, 2018, in the Fellowship Hall of the Trinity E.C. Church of Manheim. The following members were present: Denny Keller, Jerry Stehman, Steve Berkley,
Rich Brown, Bill Loercher, Les Foltz, El Faller, Dick Fleming, Charlie Sammons, Randy Grove, Bob Woods, Jay Witmer, Stan Smith, Don Musser, George Kurien, Dennis Maust, Punnipe Hossain and Zak Hossain.
A Minute of silence was held in memory of Dan Ganze & Terry Crider.
The minutes from last year's meeting were distributed before the meeting today. There were no corrections recommended by members present. Bill Loercher made a motion to accept the minutes; seconded by Bob Woods.
The treasurer's report was also distributed before the meeting and emailed to all members a week ago. Jay Witmer made a motion to accept the report; seconded by Bob Woods.
The club champions for 2018 were recognized in our Historian's Report which was also distributed to all members before the meeting.
Bill Loercher made the motion to retain Jerry Stehman as president, Steve Berkley as Vice President and Denny Keller as the secretary, treasurer, grounds-manager, and grounds keeper. Seconded by Bob Woods and approved by members present.
Under new business a number of changes will be taking place.
1. Regular dues will remain the same: $250. New members may join and pay only $200 the first year. Husband and wife memberships will now be $400, monthly $75, junior memberships remain at $30. Motion made to accept the dues amount by Randy Grove, seconded by El Faller and approved by members present.
2. Deadline for dues payment will be May 1st, a late fee of $25 will be accessed after May 1st
Motion made to accept by Dennis Maust, seconded by George Kurien and approved by members present.
3. Change the number of times guests can play from 5 to 3 times. Motion made to accept by Les Foltz, seconded by Richie Brown and approved by members present.
4. Steve Berkley made the motion to set the ground-keeper's salary at $4,500 and the Soda Machine Maintenance at $550. Motion made to accept the amounts by Randy Grove, seconded by Richie Brown and approved by members present.
5. This year we'll have 2 USTA teams. Steve Berkley will be running the 7.0 65+ team and Bill Loercher (co captain Richie Brown) will be running the 65+ 8.0 team. Home matches will be played Sundays at 4:00 pm
6. Club Singles Finals will now be the best of 3 full sets instead of 5. Motion made to accept the change by Zak Hossain, seconded by Don Musser and approved by members present.
7. Since the club lost money on soda sales in the refrigerator last year Les Foltz made the recommendation that only water be stocked in the refrigerator. The cost of water will be 25 cents. ALSO, ALL donated items (ice cream, soda, etc) will cost 25 cents. Captains of USTA and Central Penn home matches will be responsible for supplying drinks if wanted. Motion made to accept these changes by Les Foltz, seconded by Bill Loercher and approved by members present.
8. Steve Berkley is working on a grant to get us a A.E.D. for $150
9. The Club Table Tennis Tournament will not be held, in it's place there will be a Club Pickle Ball Tournament organized by Don Musser. For more info contact Don
Jerry Stehman made the following appointments:
1. Banquet Committee - Pam Kaylor, Denny Keller and Randy Grove
2. Wednesday Doubles League - Denny Keller & Steve Berkley
(those interested in playing should contact Denny Keller or Steve Berkley before May 3rd)
3. Thursday evening Doubles League - Madhavi Reddy
4. Central Penn Doubles League - Steve Berkley
5. Club Singles & Doubles Tournament - Denny Keller
6. Club Golf Tournament - Bill Loercher
7. Club Pickle Ball Tournament - Don Musser
8. Club Poker Tournament - Richie Brown.
Some important dates to remember:
1. April 6 - Club clean-up day. 9:00 am. (Rain make-up day: April 13)
2. May 3 - 10:00 am captains/pickers meeting at clubhouse.
Randy Grove made a motion to adjourn; seconded by Les Foltz. Meeting was adjourned by our club president, Jerry Stehman